A newsletter list is a collection of newsletter issues on a specific topic. Subscribers can sign up for your newsletter lists from your organization’s opt-in page. Before you create any newsletter issues, you must first create a newsletter list.
To create a newsletter list:
- Access the Newsletters section by selecting Newsletters from the top of the LibraryAware page.
- On the left side of the Newsletters Overview page, click the Newsletter Lists link.
- At the Newsletter Lists page, click the orange Create Newsletter List button.
- Enter the newsletter list information:
- Newsletter List Name – Enter the name for the newsletter list. This is the name that will display on your organization’s opt-in page.
- Description – Enter a short description of your newsletter list. This description will also display on your opt-in page.
- Reading Levels – If your library has NoveList Select and has linked your NoveList Select and LibraryAware accounts, you can post your newsletters to your catalog. You will use the Reading Levels field to define which catalog records your newsletter is posted to. Click in this field to select the Reading, or Audience, Levels for this newsletter list. You will set up your NoveList Select account at the Basic Settings page.
- Newsletter List Terms - Like with the Reading Levels field, if your library has NoveList Select and has linked your NoveList Select and LibraryAware accounts, you can use this field to further tag your newsletter with the Newsletter List Terms that represent the content of the newsletter issues. This will define which catalog records your newsletter is posted to. For example, if you are creating a Mystery newsletter list you can use the “Mystery stories” Newsletter List Term and your newsletter will be posted to the mystery books in your catalog. You will set up your NoveList Select account at the Basic Settings page..
- Include Newsletter in Opt-in Page – If this option is checked, the newsletter list will be listed on your organization’s opt-in, or subscribe, page and patrons will be able to subscribe to it. If you uncheck this option, the newsletter list will not be included on your opt-in page.
- This list will not syndicate issues to other lists – Parent organizations will select this option if they do NOT want to syndicate this list to child organizations. Child organizations will select this option if they do NOT want to receive syndicated issues to use as a source for the newsletter lists’ issues.
- This list will syndicate issues to other lists – Parent organizations will select this option if they want to syndicate, or distribute, this list to their child organizations.
- This list will use the following list as a source of issues - Child organizations will select this option if they want to receive syndicated newsletter list issues from a parent organization to use for this newsletter list.
For more information see How can a parent organization distribute a newsletter to a child organization?.
- Newsletter List Layout – Select the basic layout you want to use for the newsletter issues for this newsletter list.
- Branding Set – Select the branding set that you want to use for the newsletter issues. You can select “No Branding” if you do not want a header/footer to display in your newsletter. Note: From the Editor, you will be able to change the branding for an individual newsletter.
- Font Swatch – Select the font swatch to use in your newsletter issues.
- Color Swatch – Select the color swatch to use in your newsletter issues. To edit your selected color swatch, you can:
- Click on the pencil icon.
- Click on the text or background color that you want to change.
- You can enter the RGB values or hex code for your desired color, or drag the arrows for the color bar in the center of the window to your desired color range.
- As you drag the arrows in the color bar, the large box on the left side of this window will display the shades for the selected color range.
- Using your mouse, drag and drop the white circle in this large box, to find your color.
- Once you have found your desired color, click in the Customize List window.
- You can repeat these steps to change as many colors as you like.