Only those users who are assigned the Administrator role will have access to the Admin section of
Creating a widget container is the first step in adding promotional widgets to your site. Widget containers house the widget Items that you create in the Editor.
|Range:||160 x 90 - 2560 x 1440||160 x 120 - 2560 x 1920||100 x 200 - 1280 x 2560||80 x 80 - 2560 x 2560|
|Canvas size||1200 x 675||1200 x 900||600 x 1200||1200 x 1200|
|Range||160 x 80 - 2560 x 1280||240 x 80 - 3000 x 1000||80 x 240 - 1000 x 3000||250 x 375 - 2000 x 3000|
|Canvas size||1200 x 600||1200 x 400||400 x 1200||800 x 1200|
375 x 250 -
3000 x 2000
240 x 320 -
1920 x 2560
|Canvas size||1200 x 800||900 x 1200|
To add a promotional widget container to your
- Select Admin from the top of the LibraryAware page.
- Click the Widget Settings link to expand the Widget Settings menu.
- Click the Widgets link.
- Click the orange Create button.
- The Create new widget form will appear on the page.
- Enter the name for the widget in the Widget Name field.
- In the Display Time field, enter or use the arrows to select the length of time (in seconds) that you want each image of the widget to display.
- Check the Show Navigation checkbox if you would like to allow viewers to advance and pause the widget rotation.
- From the Widget Target drop-down, select whether you want the widget links to open in the same window or
a new window.
- From the Aspect Ratio drop-down, select the aspect ratio to use for your widget container and all widgets you place in it.
- When you select an Aspect Ratio, the Container Size box at the bottom of the form will adjust to reflect the new Aspect Ratio.
- You can resize the Container Size box* to fit the exact space on your website. Enter a number in either the width or height field, or drag the bottom right corner of the box with your mouse, until the box is the correct size. Your aspect ratio will be maintained.
- Click the Add Widget button.
Once you add the widget, you’ll see the following information:
Size – The aspect ratio and exact size will be listed. Make sure the size of
your widget container will fit into the space on your website.
- Edit (Pencil Icon)– Click the pencil icon to open up the widget container for editing. You will not
be able to make changes to the aspect ratio or size of the container if you have posted or scheduled any widgets
to this widget container. Click Save Changes when you have finished editing your widget container.
- View posts – Click this link to view all promotional widgets that have
been posted to the widget container.
- Take down widget – Click this link to deactivate a widget container. When you click this link, users will no longer be able to add content to this widget container and the widget images will no longer display on your website. Upon deactivation, your webmaster should remove the HTML associated with this widget from your website. If the widget has already been deactivated, the Re-activate this widget link will display. Click this link to allow users to add content to your widget container again. Note: You can view your deactivated widget containers by clicking the Inactive button at the top of the page.
- Setup Instructions – Click this link to access the 3-step instructions for adding the widget to your website. Follow these instructions or send the URL for the instruction page to your webmaster. This page will also display a preview of the widget.
See this video tutorial for more information: