How do I add menus in the Drag & Drop Email Editor?
Want to change a menu item label? No problem! Click the item label box and enter the text you want.
Need to add another menu item? Click the Add Item button then enter the item label and link URL.
And just like that, your menu is ready to go.
Pro tip! Limit the number of menu items to four or five to ensure that the menu looks great on mobile devices. Too many menu items can cause the menu to stack on mobile view. Click Device Preview at the top of the page to see how your e-blast will look across different screen sizes.
Links color: Click the color box. Enter a color hex code, use one of the preselected colors, or use the Color Picker.
Padding: Padding refers to the margin around images or text. To add padding to the edges of a Menu Block, use the + and – controls to adjust the padding for all edges.
To adjust the padding for each edge separately, click More to toggle it on.
Click the mobile icon to adjust padding for the mobile version.
Pro tip! Sometimes you want to make your email design “clean” with lots of white space. Sometimes you use padding for containers and structures to fill them in with a color background. This all looks good on desktop devices, but on mobile devices it may make those elements less attractive. So, you may want to remove padding for mobile devices. Click the Device Preview icon at the top of the page to see how your email will look on desktop and mobile devices.
Add an anchor link: Anchor links allow viewers to jump to specific areas within the email. To add an anchor link to the Menu Block, click to toggle on and enter a name for the anchor.
Next, click the Block that you would like to link to this anchor.
- To link a piece of text in a Text Block, highlight it and click the Change Link icon on the formatting toolbar. In the settings menu, go to Link and click the Site drop-down menu. At the bottom of the drop-down, select the anchor.
- To add the link to other Blocks, in the settings menu for that Block, go to Link and click the Site drop-down menu. At the bottom of the drop-down, select the anchor.
NOTE: Anchor links are not supported in some email clients: iOS Gmail app, iOS Apple Mail, Outlook app on Android, Outlook app for macOS and AMP Emails.
Include in: By default, the menu will be included in both HTML and AMPHTML emails. This is shown in the Include in setting. We do not recommend you change this setting.
- Drop item – Remove a menu item by clicking the trash can icon.
- Enter text of title
- Link – Enter the URL of where you want viewers to be directed when they click on this image. Use the Site drop-down menu to select the type of link you want to include. To link to a book in your catalog, an e-resource, or uploaded file, click the Additional Link Options button.
NOTE: When linking to a book in your catalog, catalog holdings information will be displayed if your library has On The Shelf (OTS). For libraries not using OTS, to ensure you are linking to the copy owned by your library, search by ISBN.
- Links color – Click the color box. Enter a color hex code, use one of the preselected colors, or use the Color Picker.
- Background color of item
– To change the background color, click the color box. Enter a color hex code, use one of the preselected colors, or use the color picker.
- Hide element: If you wish to hide a menu link from view on either desktop or mobile devices, select the corresponding icon in the Hide element section.
Pro tip! There are a few reasons why you might want to hide an element. For example, you may want to hide some elements on mobile devices to avoid horizontal scrolling, which could happen if you apply a large font size to the text. Click the Device Preview icon at the top of the page to see how your email will look on desktop and mobile devices.
Delete: To delete a Menu Block, hover over it in the e-blast. A menu tab will appear on the right side of the block. Click the tab then the trash can icon.