Learn more about LibraryReads at libraryreads.org.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will this newsletter have the same content as the LibraryReads website?
Our LibraryReads newsletter will have the same content as the current LibraryReads newsletter and website. We will include the book title, author, and name and site of the librarian that recommended the book, as well as a quote from the librarian.
Will publication dates be included in the newsletter?
No, we will not include the publication dates in the newsletter. We know that there may be different publication dates between the U.S. and Canada, and the inclusion of these dates may cause confusion.
Will I have access to this newsletter before it is published?
The LibraryReads newsletter, like the New York Times newsletters, will not be available prior to publication to subscribers.
Is there an Advance List for this newsletter?
No, we will not provide an Advance List for this newsletter, but you can sign up at the LibraryReads site to receive advance notification of the selected books. You will receive this notification two to three weeks before the LibraryReads newsletter is sent to your subscribers from NextReads. This will give you time to purchase books or prepare your catalog!
Is it possible to make this list staff-only to begin with so that we can properly assess before we decide to offer it to our patrons?
If you would like to make this list staff-only, you can remove the Newsletter List from the opt-in page and then manually subscribe your staff. To remove the LibraryReads newsletter from the opt-in page:
- Select the Newsletters tab from the main navigation toolbar in LibraryAware.
- Click the Newsletter Lists link on the left.
- Under the LibraryReads newsletter, click Edit List Settings.
- Uncheck Include Newsletter in Opt-In Page.
- Click the Save Changes button.
LibraryReads isn't listed on my opt-in page. Why?
If your library uses a custom opt-in page, you will need to update the custom page to include the LibraryReads newsletter list.
- Select the Subscribers tab from the main navigation toolbar in LibraryAware.
- Click the Opt-In Pages link on the left.
- Click Edit to the right of your custom opt-in page.
- From the editor, place your cursor where the LibraryReads list will be added.
- Click Insert Newsletter List and select LibraryReads.
- Click Save Changes.