In LibraryAware, you can send emails using E-Blasts or Newsletters. Which you choose depends on the outcome you want. Carefully consider each option before you get started, because once you create an item in one place, you can't move it to the other.
E-Blasts are created and saved under the FOLDERS tab on the main navigation toolbar.
- Use e-blasts when you want to use targeted or segmented subscriber interest groups.
- Find timely and flexible templates made for our Drag & Drop Email Editor. Search for templates by topic, theme, or design element. At your results list, use the Refine column on the left to limit by Editor Type, Drag & Drop Email.
- Get instructions and tips at Editing Items: Drag & Drop Email Editor.
- Newsletters are created and saved under the NEWSLETTERS tab on the main navigation toolbar.
- Use newsletters when you want to create website content from the issues.
- Book carousels/Book rivers
These newsletter widgets are a great way to promote your collection and provide virtual readers' advisory on your library website.
- Embed a newsletter issue
Encourage website visiters to sign up for your newsletter by embedding the latest issue. (Don't forget to include your Opt-In Page link.) Time saver alert! Set the widget to "Most recent issue" and your website will be automatically updated with the new issue each time it's sent.
- Archive links
Offer your website visitors a look at past issues of your newsletter by including acrchive links. The widget automatically updates when the latest issue is sent.
LibraryAware Email Tips & Training
- Is your library new to newsletters or perhaps looking for a refresher? Newsletters are an effective way for libraries to connect with their communities. We've got a guide with tips on the anatomy of a good newsletter, and what makes for an engaging subject line and call-to-action. Whether you’re new to newsletters or need some fresh tips to make yours more impactful, this is the resource for you. Download the guide Library Newsletters: Best Practices
- Public libraries are putting out some dynamic newsletters and email blasts. For some inspiration, check out NoveList's blog posts tagged Email & newsletters.
Training (live or recorded):
- Email Marketing with LibraryAware
Join us for this 1-hour training and learn how to find the perfect email template in LibraryAware, create and edit an email, grow your subscribers, and segment your audience for the best results.
- Get Started with NextReads Newsletters in LibraryAware
NextReads newsletters automatically deliver curated reading recommendations directly to patron inboxes, and it’s part of your LibraryAware subscription! Join us for this 1-hour training to learn how to get started with NextReads newsletters, increase your subscribers, use the Advance List, and create newsletter widgets for your website.