Note: NextReads Newsletters will be sent automatically according to the Delivery Schedule. If your library creates its own newsletter issue, you can schedule it using the following instructions.
To schedule a newsletter issue to send:
- Open your newsletter issue in the Editor.
- Add the content and make the changes to your newsletter.
- When you are ready to send the email, select the Publish to… drop-down or the Publish menu from the menu bar.
- Click the Schedule Email link. This will take you to the Schedule Newsletter Issue page.
- To send your newsletter immediately, select the Immediately radio button.
- To schedule the newsletter to send at a later date/time, select the In the Future radio button. Enter a date, and select the time that you want the newsletter issue to send.
- Enter the following Email Publication Options:
- Subject – This text will appear in the email subject line. By default, “[Newsletter List Name]: [Newsletter Issue Name]” will be listed.
- Reply To Address - Enter the email address to which you’d like responses to be forwarded.
- Friendly From - This will appear in the “From” line in the email. You can use the name of a person at your library, or you can use a department name, e.g., Public Library Support. Your organization name will appear in this field by default.
- From the Send To drop-down menu, select which subscribers to which you’d like this newsletter to be sent:
- All Subscribers: Select this option to send to all subscribers of the newsletter.
- Subscribers Since…: Select this option to send the newsletter only to those subscribers that have subscribed since a certain date. Select the date from the field to the right of the drop-down menu.
- As you make your selection, beside the Send To heading you will see a count of the subscribers that will receive the newsletter.
- In the Email Addresses field, enter any additional email addresses you would like to send the newsletter issue to. Separate multiple email addresses by semi-colon.
- Check Email me when delivery is complete if you want to be notified by email when your newsletter issue has been sent from LibraryAware.
- Click the Schedule button to schedule the newsletter issue to be sent to all subscribers and additional email addresses specified.