If you want to create an item from scratch, enter "blank" into the search bar and then use the Refine Results sidebar on the left to narrow your results to the format you would like to use.
For example, if you would like to create a poster from a blank template follow these steps:
1. Click on the Home tab at the top.
2. Then enter "blank" into the search bar.
3. Under Refine Results and under the Formats section, click the checkbox next to Posters (11x17).
4. Choose either a landscape or portrait poster.
5. Also, if you would like to include branding at the bottom of your poster, choose the template that has the gray branding placeholder image at the bottom. Click the Preview button to see the full size of the template.
6. Click the blue Create button to open the template up in the editor.