In the Drag and Drop editor, if you want to use an existing item that you've created in a new item type, you can do so by inserting the existing item as an image. You can do this if you want to convert an item to a different item type, for example many users do this to convert posters to a smaller flyer.
To convert an existing item to a new template:
When you add an image of an item to a new item type, keep in mind that items
with different proportions may not fit properly. If you want to convert an item
to a different format, try to choose a new template with a similar width to
height ratio as your item.
- Click Create Item and select the Print: Drag and Drop type.
- Select your item format.
- Type 'blank' into the search bar to bring up the blank templates. If you need a blank template with branding at the bottom, select the thumbnail with a grey place holder text at the bottom.
- In the left panel, click the Image option.
- With your mouse, drag Promotions over to your item. Make sure that your mouse cursor is over the item template when you drop the image.
- The image selector window will display with the Promotional Items tab open.
- Search for your original item and click the Select Image button to add it to your item.
- Move the image with your mouse.
- With the image selected, use the handles in the corners to resize the image to fill your new item template. As you move and resize your image keep in mind that you might want to cover the placeholder branding block in the image with the current branding or another element in your item.
- Click outside of your template to release your item.