What is the difference between an Interest Group and a Newsletter List?
- Groups subscribers that have similar interests, for examples subscribers interested in certain types of library events or programs.
- Use to target promotions to a specific audience. Patrons can also subscribe from the opt-in page, if you include Interest Groups on your opt-in.
- Reach by creating and sending an e-blast under a Promotion. E-blasts are typically not regularly scheduled email communications.
- E-blasts allow you to pull in a Promotion's reusable content, like event, book, or AV information.
- Newsletter Lists are a collection of newsletter issues on a particular topic.
- Subscribers will sign up on your opt-in page for the lists that they are interested in, for example the Mystery Newsletter List.
- Reach by creating and sending newsletter issues under the Newsletter List topic. Newsletter issues are typically sent according to a regular schedule for subscribers.
- Content from newsletters can be published to one of our newsletter widgets.
- The latest issue of each Newsletter List is linked from the opt-in page.