Prior to bulk uploading a list of subscribers, you must make sure the list is formatted correctly and is a .csv or .txt file. Below are some formatting examples of a valid import file.
Note: If you plan to add more than 20,000 email addresses at one time, please contact LibraryAware Support at LibraryAware@ebsco.com for assistance.
As seen in a text editor program (e.g. Notepad):
firstname.lastname@example.org, Bob, Smith
email@example.com, Sally, Jones
firstname.lastname@example.org, Jane, Doe
As seen when opening a file in Microsoft Excel (.csv)*:
*Note: If you do not have first and last names in your export file, in Microsoft Excel put a single space (using the spacebar on your keyboard) in the 2nd and 3rd columns (columns B and C) of Row 1 and save as a .csv file. Content is required in all three columns of only the first row (whether it is a single space or the first name/last name), in order for the .csv file to be imported successfully.
Note: In an effort to prevent LibraryAware communications from being perceived as spam:
- Limit the email addresses that you bulk add.
- Use your own database of contacts, do not purchase electronic mailing lists from other sources.
- Consider if you have permission from the contacts on these bulk lists or the database lists of patrons to use their information and subscribe them to these communications.
To bulk upload a list of subscribers:
Note: When you bulk upload a list of subscribers, those email addresses will go through a validation process to ensure that the email addresses work properly and can receive emails from LibraryAware. You will not be able to send to these email addresses until the validation process is complete. See below to learn how to check the status of your bulk upload.
- Click on Subscribers at the top of LibraryAware, and then select the Active Subscribers link on the left (under Email Subscribers).
- Click the Add button, and select Bulk Subscribers.
- Enter a Name for the Bulk Upload. This field will default to be named with the current date and time.
- To upload a file of your subscribers:
Note that the file must be formatted as in the examples above. If you plan to add more than 20,000 email addresses at one time, please contact LibraryAware Support at LibraryAware@ebsco.com for assistance.
- Select the Upload a list of subscribers radio button.
- Click Choose File.
- Find the file on your computer, and click Open. Note: Make sure that the file is closed on your computer to ensure that it is properly uploaded.
- Or paste in a list of subscribers:
Note that the list must be formatted as in the text editor example above.
- Select the Paste in a list of subscribers radio button.
- Paste in your list of subscribers in the correct format, with each subscriber listed on a separate line.
- Optionally, select the Subscriber Interest Groups to which to add the subscribers. Or type in a new Interest Group in the Create Subscriber Interest Group box and click Add.
- Optionally, sign up these subscribers to receive one or more of your organization’s newsletters by clicking in the Newsletter Lists box to select the appropriate Newsletter Lists.
- Click Import and update Subscribers.
- The Upload Details for this bulk upload will display.
Once you import this file, the email addresses will go through a validation process and will show as pending. You will receive an email when the validation process is complete. See below to learn how to check the status of your bulk upload.
Click the More Detail link to view more information about the email addresses in the bulk upload.
To check the status on the validation of your bulk upload:
You can view the status of your bulk upload at the Bulk Upload History page. You will also receive an email from LibraryAware when your bulk upload validation is complete.
- Click on Subscribers at the top of LibraryAware, and then select the Bulk Upload History link on the left (under Email Subscribers).
- From the Bulk Upload History you can view:
- Name of the bulk upload
- Date and time of upload
- Upload type – A “Normal” upload indicates that subscribers were added through the bulk upload. A “deny list” upload indicates that deactivated subscribers were added through the bulk upload.
- Upload Status
- The number of new subscribers in the bulk upload file
- The number of subscriber still pending validation
- The number of updated subscriber in the bulk upload file
To view the subscribers pending validation after your bulk upload:
- Click on Subscribers at the top of LibraryAware, and then select the Pending Subscribers link on the left (under Email Subscribers).
- For each pending subscriber you can view:
- Email address
- First name
- Last name
- View Import link if the validation is in progress. Clicking this link will give you the detail for the bulk upload.