You can use a widget to display information about an event, e-resource or book on your library’s website or on digital signage. Before you can create a widget, you must first create a widget container. Only the LibraryAware Administrators at your library can create widget containers. For more information on creating widget containers, please see the How do I create widget containers to hold my widgets? page in Help.
NOTE: These instructions refer to promotional widgets. For information on creating newsletter widgets, including book rivers or carousels, see How do I create a newsletter widget or add newsletter content to my site?
To create a widget:
- Click the Folders link at the top to open the All Folders page.
- Click the folder you would like to save your widget slide in.
- Click on the Create Item button at the top.
- Enter your keyword or search term into the search bar, like "storytime" or "summer reading."
- Under the Refine Results sidebar on the left, scroll under the Format category and click the checkbox next to Widgets.
- Choose the appropriate widget template size based on the dimensions or aspect ratio of your widget container.
- Click the blue Create button to open the widget template in the editor.
- Make any edits to your widget slide.
- Save your widget slide.
- Then click the upload icon and then click on Website Widget.
- This will take you to the Schedule Widget page where you can choose when to publish the slide and which widget container it will post to. Add a link, alt text, and then click the orange Save Publication Event button.