Your library may have a specific event or service to promote using more than one tactic. For instance, if you have a storytime, you may want to create a flyer, send an eblast to parents, and post to social media. You can use LibraryAware to quickly create a consistent design and look for all of these tactics.
A Promotion is a collection of all of the Items used to promote a specific program or service. For example, a Promotion for Toddler Story Hour will contain all the brochures, e-blasts, Facebook posts, and media releases about this event.
To create a promotion:1. Click Promotions at the top of the LibraryAware screen.
3. At the Start a New Promotion page, complete the form about the Promotion you are creating:
- What should we call this promotion (See our strategy page for tips on how to title and organize your promotions).
- Default Branding Set
4. Click the Start Promotion button.
Next, create Items for this Promotion.
When you create your item from the Home tab, you do not need to create a promotion first. You will, however, be prompted to create or select a promotion when you save your item.1. From the Home tab (selected from the top of the LibraryAware screen), then click Create under the template you’d like to use.
2. Click Save or the Publish to option. A pop-up window will appear for you to name your item and select your promotion.
3. Enter a name for your item.
4. Select Create a new promotion and enter a promotion name to create a promotion. Or click Select an existing promotion and use the drop-down to select an existing promotion.
5. Click Save.