A Promotion is a collection of all of the Items used to promote a specific program or service. For example, a Promotion for Toddler Story Hour will contain all the brochures, e-blasts, Facebook posts, and media releases about this event.
To create a promotion:
- Click Promotions at the top of the LibraryAware screen.
- Click the orange Create Promotion button on the right side of the screen.
- At the Start a New Promotion page complete the form about the Promotion you are creating:
- What should we call this promotion? Enter the name for the Promotion.
- Default Branding Set - Select the Default Branding Set that you would like to use in Items that you create for this Promotion.
Next, create Items for this Promotion.
When you create your item from the Home tab, you do not need to create a promotion first. You will, however, be prompted to create or select a promotion when you save your item.
- From the Home tab (selected from the top of the LibraryAware screen), then click Create under the template you’d like to use.
- Click Save or the Publish to option. A pop-up window will appear for you to name your item and select your promotion.
- Enter a name for your item.
- Select Create a new promotion and enter a promotion name to create a promotion. Or click Select an existing promotion and use the drop-down to select an existing promotion.
- Click Save.